September 12, 2017
The Lord has been growing our program in Kenya beyond what we could have imagined and we're excited to announce the need for a Technical Director at our high school!
Over the past couple of years, we have gotten to know a young man named Steve who we believe to be the best person for this position. In addition to the technical gifting he brings to the table, Steve has become an ambassador for our teams and has helped them in countless ways throughout this past summer. When our teams would get back we would consistently hear stories about the impact he had on their trips! Steve also acts as the face for REM whenever Bishop Shadrack or Madam Violet are unavailable. In fact, Bishop Shadrack is Steve's uncle and Steve is a REM Board Member.
Steve has been instrumental in getting technology into the classrooms at the high school over the past 2 years and continually promotes technology solutions for grade schools as well as the high school. Throughout the year, Steve provides constant feedback on progress of technology, and builds consensus for future needs. He acts as official photographer for REM and provides many of the pictures used by GOYA including the dental/medical space setup and opening, orientation and check-in of the new class of REM students, and the opening and first use of the bakery.
Steve has become an integral part of our day to day operations at the REM schools and because of his service, we would like to offer Steve the position to come on as the High School Tech Director in order to ensure his abilities are put to use for our students. His job description includes the following:
· Ensuring the smooth operation of all ICT systems in the organization
· Managing, updating, and maintaining the student information management system
· Training teachers, support staff, and students on the use of ICT services
· Supervising and managing the network
· Developing and monitoring security and appropriate use protocols
· Managing software/hardware installation and upgrading
· Maintaining equipment and performing repairs
· Managing student and staff network access
· Providing secure network access for remote users
· Maintaining and updating the school's website and digital media
If you know Steve or want to join a group of people who have a heart to help move our education program forward professionally, would you consider helping our cause to raise support for him and ask others to partner with us? We need several people to commit to giving $100 a month towards his salary. To give, click on Donate below and choose the option to “Sign up for Sponsorship”. Under “I’d Like to Sponsor” choose the option, “Technical Director ($100/mo).
Thank you for your support!!